Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
The Patent Department is part of the global Ericsson IPR & Licensing Organization and responsible for inventions originating from several European countries and for all IPR related tasks including handling inventions in all stages from R&D project support, patent application filing and prosecution, coordination of national filings up to oppositions, nullity actions, and portfolio management as basis for the value creation from our patents.
In addition, we coordinate European litigations and defend Ericsson or help our clients to defend themselves in litigations arising. We work in close cooperation with other Ericsson patent and licensing units worldwide and the common legal department.
For our team in Herzogenrath (near Aachen), Germany, we are looking for a
PATENT ATTORNEY (F/M)
- You are responsible for evaluating inventions and drafting patent applications as well as preparing office actions and claim charts to obtain granted patents in close cooperation with R&D, other patent professionals, both internally and externally, and patent offices all over the world.
- Depending on your level of experience, you will work with oppositions and litigations. This includes drafting nullity actions and supervising external attorneys working on litigation and nullity proceedings.
- Excellent graduation/university degree in electrical engineering, physics or computer sciences with profound knowledge in radio communication technologies (preferably LTE or 5G NR)
- At least partly qualified European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney a plus
- Good coordination and negotiation skills, accuracy, flexibility, team-working, and multi-tasking required
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented working style
- Good language skills in English and German
At Ericsson, our vision is Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. The ambition is high.
That is why we are seeking experienced individuals to accelerate the momentum in our region. Please send your English or German CV via the Ericsson Jobsite at http://www.ericsson.com/career.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || No Selection || Herzogenrath || Consulting&SysInt IT; ProdMgt; R&D SalesStratMkt&ComMgt ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP Supply&Log
Req ID: 193230