US Project Buyer
The US Project Buyer represents the Sourcing & Purchasing function during our product's lifetime. This team member is accountable to deliver supplier quality, cost, delivery and productivity according to project targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead R&D sourcing activities and processes during NPD
- Support to achieve supplier QCD targets and execute S&P actions in each project
- Deploy Commodity sourcing strategy for project components including make or buy
- Organize and fully comply with pre-sourcing and sourcing committees
- Execute and analyze with cost models Requests for Quotation addressed to suppliers (RFQ), lead supplier negotiation with involvement of Commodity Managers
- Agree with Commodity short term benefits within supplier nomination (Business Award and Dev. Contribution)
- Schedule and coordinate the prototyping of tools and product samples (Alpha, Beta and Pilot build)
- Ensure all CP phases closure on time
- Supplier tooling management for NPD projects (Mould nego, confirmation of possession of Datalogic materials)
- Maximize product life margin during product life cycle, related to cost, quality and delivery
- Execute Engineering Change Order management (ECO)
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but is subject to change at any time
- CP3 target cost achievement
- NPD Project Schedule On Time
- Project's Saving Action Plan
- Business Award (Dev. Contribution Nego.)
- PPAP before Mass Production (CP6)
Competencies and Skills
- Degree in Business or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in purchasing of Electronics and/or Custom Mechanical
- Quality, Cost, Delivery experience
- Fluent in English
Other Information and Specific Skills
Negotiating, Cost analysis, Problem Solving, Priority Settings, Conflict Management, Perseverance, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Self-Development.
20% of the total working time (driving license required)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Datalogic USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Datalogic is a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, specialized in the designing and production of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, RFID vision and laser marking systems. Datalogic solutions help to increase the efficiency and quality of processes in the Retail, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics and Healthcare industries, along the entire value chain.
Today Datalogic Group, headquartered in Bologna (Italy), employs approximately 2,900 staff worldwide, distributed in 30 countries, with manufacturing and repair facilities in the USA, Brazil, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary and Vietnam. In 2017 Datalogic had a turnover of 606 million Euro and invested over 55 million Euros in Research & Development, with an asset of more than 1,200 patents in multiple jurisdictions.