GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
As a Manufacturing/Production Engineer, you will provide direct support to the manufacturing process with technical and leadership responsibility for tooling, part fabrication, assembly and delivery. You will also provide "state of the art" processing technology as it applies to both materials and techniques for tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
• Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers.
• Responsible for ensuring parts, assemblies, and tools meet industry standards and customer requirements.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems.
• Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production.
• Resolve issues pertaining to vendor schedule and/or quality.
• Utilize root cause analysis and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformance.
• Continuously support and improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
• Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation and process changes, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation.
• Responsible for initial production training of product development, configuration changes, and process changes.
• Responsible for disposition and follow up on nonconforming materials, detail parts or assemblies as an Engineering member of Material Review Board.
• Responsible for the implementation of tooling and or production planning, from original concept through to production.
• Responsible to validate the tooling functionality and or part conformity, and production part quality in timely manner to support the customer delivery schedule.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2 years of experience in manufacturing or mechanical engineering – OR – in lieu of degree, 5 years of experience in manufacturing or mechanical engineering
• Must have an active Secret Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
• GKN Experience
• Composite fabrication and assembly experience strongly preferred.
• Aerospace experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of multiple engineering applications and manufacturing procedures.
• Six Sigma Green Belt+ Certification
• Experience with drawing packages ( Autocad, Solidworks, Cadkey, etc)
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.