GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
As a Configuration Management Analyst you will direct support of Configuration Management related activities, focus on various aspects related to software/hardware CM including, but not limited to, tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against accepted standards. This role will develop business metrics and reports needed by management and be responsible for maintaining all files for engineering drawings, processes and other related documentation.
• Support the organization in developing data / information links and data structure to facilitate integration of company information systems and integrated metrics.
• Regularly review processes; considering evolving internal policy and external processes.
• Assess procedures for developing records management plans.
• Maintain record copies of all applicable plans and deliverables.
• Assess operation of source code libraries.
• Analyzes data in company systems to produce meaningful management information.
• Determines the most efficient way to collect data on a regular basis and leads the process.
• Develops metrics from data gathered to generate regular and ad hoc reporting.
• Leverages data consistency and accurately throughout the organization.
• Interfaces with teams in different parts of the organization, including Information Technology, Engineering, Supply Chain and Finance to foster the integration of data and business processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Operations AND 3 years of experience in Configuration/Data Management as well as 5 years of experience working with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) –OR- in lieu of degree, 5 years of experience in Configuration/Data Management in as well as 7 years of experience working with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s
• Must have an active Secret Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
• GKN Experience
• Experience in an Aerospace or Automotive environment
• Experience in manufacturing or engineering
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR).
• Proficient in ERP and/or PLM systems
• Experience with document examination, such as engineering drawings, change orders and specifications to verify conformance.
• Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.