Salary: Competitive dependent upon skills and experience
ExperienceLab is a Customer Experience research and design agency dedicated to informing investment and design decisions based on tangible customer evidence. Being part of the Serco Group provides unique research and service design opportunities in challenging environments such as hospitals and prisons, where our work can make a real difference to people’s lives. We also have a successful and growing private sector client base, working with some truly exciting and innovative brand names. Our work encompasses Service Design, UX and Interaction Design with the emphasis always firmly on being customer/user led.
We have a dedicated team of user experience researchers, UX designers, information architects, interaction designers and transformation experts. In addition, our brand new, state of the art, research studios near London Bridge provide a contemporary environment which is not only fantastic for our clients but also offers a brilliant team working space.
About the role
This is a varied and challenging role for a junior to mid-level with either a UX research or a Service Design background.
- Using your research and design thinking skills across a variety of environments (both digital and physical services) to help translate business challenges into innovative outcomes for internal and external clients.
- Planning and conducting discovery research to uncover the behaviours and motivations of customers and users
- Planning, coordinating and conducting usability tests, expert evaluations and in-depth interviews.
- Taking research insights and turning them into service and design recommendations, communicated in compelling ways appropriate for your audience.
- Creating personas, customer journey maps, process flows etc.
- Using design thinking to create or contribute to design concepts and recommendations and, sometimes, prototyping.
- Managing and delivering your work with minimal oversight from project managers.
- Presenting to and managing clients and stakeholders.
- Supporting business development through shaping proposals in response to client briefs.
This is a broad and stimulating research role that involves much more than just doing usability testing. Interested? Please submit a copy of your CV and apply now!