Warehouse General Manager – Sidcup
Competitive Salary + Benefit Car + Bonus + Laptop + Pension Plan + Health Care
What you become part of:
Sidcup Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation with our brand new Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse will hold 25,000 pallets, with a typical annual throughput of over one million pallets. Every 24 hours we expect to handle well over 3,000 pallets directly into the ASRS, as well as handling circa 200 artic vehicle movements. Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods which must be put away promptly and safely into the ASRS and accurately recorded. We also assemble orders of full pallets for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network. Most customers order bulk pallets, which are assembled from the ASRS and rear-loaded onto third party haulage vehicles. We also carry out a sizeable case-picking operation within the adjacent conventional warehouse.
What to expect:
You would become the leader of a large team in both warehousing and logistics, reporting into the Associate Director of Warehousing. This is a day based role, core days Monday to Friday, however a flexible approach to working to accommodate a 24/7 operation is required. The role essentially is a people manager role requiring proven leadership skills, coaching and mentoring skills and an ability to challenge the status quo is required from the successful candidate.
- Drive high performance through team engagement, team effectiveness and training and development.
- Lead Warehousing and Distribution, personally role-modelling behaviors and own performance required to achieve the site’s objectives.
- Create a culture of effective cross-functional and flexible working throughout Warehousing and Distribution to ensure labour flexibility is aligned to meet fluctuations in demand.
- Budget/financial control and resource management experience being accountable for the sites budget and quantifying and variances.
- The delivery of key projects and CI programs, sharing and replicating best practice with colleagues to improve processes and work through issues to resolution in a time efficient and effective manner.
- Collaborating with all your stakeholders internally and externally which will include Warehousing teams, Customer Logistics teams, Logistics Planning, Hauliers and the CCEP network to deliver on cost, service goals and planning whilst driving continuous improvement.
Skills & Essentials:
- Degree caliber with logistics/distribution background.
- Leadership of a functional unit e.g. Warehouse.
- Previous experience, systems knowledge, technical skills.
- Experience of working in third party logistics desirable.
- Strong people and change management experience.
- Key to this role is strong organisational and communication skills with an ability to perform under high levels of pressure within a fast paced environment, balanced with collaborative and decisive decision making and effective swift process change management.
- It is essential that you are able to demonstrate the ability to maintain and make sound, timely decisions, without losing sight of the bigger picture, and/or long term objectives.
If you’d like to find out more, please upload a recent copy of your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Learn more about Coca-Cola European Partners
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.