GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This position requires strong leadership and technical skills to support the production tooling requirements of the organization. The Sr Tooling Engineer will commend design improvements and identify opportunities for incorporating new technologies to support manufacturing while also driving continuous improvement activities, as well as process improvements within the Engineering group.
• Review processes for new tooling and analyze existing tooling for improvement
• Lead and mentor less experienced engineers with their projects, and problems
• Responsible for ensuring parts, assemblies, and tools meet industry standards and customer requirements
• Prepares or directs the preparation of specifications, material lists, cost estimates and proposals
• Utilize root cause analysis and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances
• Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
• Researching new suppliers and tooling concepts
• Provide tool engineering support to production departments
• Responsible for the implementation of tooling from original concept design through to production. Responsible to validate the tooling functionality
• Schedule and coordinate timely preventive maintenance of tooling
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance (required language for all salaried job descriptions)
• Comply with GKN Code of Ethics, and customer and government requirements
• Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and 5 years of tooling experience – OR – in lieu of degree, 7 years of tooling experience.
• Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
• GKN Experience
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Aerostructures tooling experience preferred.
• Experience in aerospace or automotive environment preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point is preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills. Good written, oral communication skills and leadership skills.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.