Nexans is a leading global, supplier of power, telecommunications, installations and heating cables and is among the world’s leading manufacturers of offshore control cables and high-voltage submarine cables. Its Norway head office is in Oslo, and it has manufacturing plants at Rognan, Langhus and Halden. The company has nearly 1 550 employees and organized into three business lines: Market Lines, Subsea Energy Systems and Submarine Telecom and Special Cables. We invite you learn more on www.nexans.no.
Senior Legal Counsel
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will be a part of our Legal & Contracts Department. In the role, you will provide legal assistance to Tender & Sales Managers and Project Managers in the divisions Submarine Telecom and Special Cables (SES) and Submarine Telecom and Special Cables (STSC).
If you want to work in a highly competitive and lucrative field of business, and you identify yourself with the listed terms and requirements below, we highly recommend you to apply!
- Support SES and STSC sales & tendering team during the tender phase of each project by providing general legal advice, review, analysis, drafting and negotiations of all required contractual deviations to the contracts provided by the clients. If required, draft appropriate contracts.
- Support SES and STSC project execution teams and provide support and advice as necessary for all matters related to the execution of the contracts, such as without limitation: PCGs, bank guarantees and other securities, claims, litigations,
- Promote best practice in the legal and contractual areas
- Perform trainings on compliance and legal and contractual topics as necessary
About the two divisions:
SES is one of the leading suppliers of power cables, umbilicals and telecom cables worldwide. The division includes highly specialized and multidiscipline factories for high voltage submarine cables in Futtsu (Japan) & Halden, umbilicals in Halden and a specialized factory for telecom and special cables in Rognan - and an installation department operating the cable ship C/S Nexans Skagerrak and other marine installation equipment. The Halden plant is a competence center for R&D and testing of umbilical systems and submarine cables – including technical departments, laboratories, production and testing departments and support for installation operations.
STSC (Submarine Telecom and Special Cables) is a leading supplier of ROV-cables, hybrid and special cables for subsea applications and trans-Atlantic fiber optic communication cables. Typically, STSC serve the offshore and communication industry and new emerging/ developing areas segments as wave/tidal energy and ocean farming industries.
- University Master of Laws or similar (knowledge of Common Law appreciated)
- Have experience from complex turnkey EPCI projects (based on FIDIC, NEC 3, NTK 2015, NF 2015 and NSC 05 in an international environment
- Be responsive, practical; have good negotiation skills, and ability to listen and understand complex business objectives.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years experience.
- English fluent and strong drafting skills.
What we offer:
- Interesting and varied work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Competitive working terms
- Good opportunities for both professional and personal growth
- Good pension scheme and insurance agreements
For more information please contact Jose Carlos Casino; phone:
+33 603847761, email: email@example.com.
From Nexans application pages: please apply through MyClick positionnumber 47489
Application deadline: 28.02.2018