GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
As a Program Manager II (PM) you will manage a stand-alone product or multiple products as a customer-facing program and provide business leadership to ensure the contractual requirements are delivered and the business results are achieved. As a PM II you may lead an IPT and manage a program that is in New Product Introduction or in production.
• Be a champion of Program Management excellence as a key member of the Program Management function.
• Use the GKN (including Program Management) best practice processes, procedures, tools.
• PMs are the primary interface with the Customer for all aspects of the contract including Engineering, Supply Chain, Commercial (Contracts) and Manufacturing/Operations.
• These responsibilities are exercised through relevant specialist leads such as the Chief Engineers and Commercial Lead, who will operationally report to the Program Manager.
• PMs build positive and mutually beneficial relationships with the customer to ensure overall satisfaction relative to the current program and to support the strategic development of customer relationships towards achieving follow on programs.
• Deliver Sales, Profit, Margin, Inventory, Quality, Delivery and Cash Received on time and to corporate targets.
• Execute and deliver the program from contract award through closure within the boundaries of the approved business case, and ensuring the most optimized cost base through the Make – Buy process.
• Ensure Customer Requirements are documented, understood, assessed and integrated into the Program Management Plan (PMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and appropriate budgets are assigned to complete all tasks to deliver the Requirements.
• Identify Opportunities and Risks and use applicable tools, approaches and processes to manage and or mitigate.
• Utilize the IPT and the Lifecycle Management Processes to effectively advance the product maturity from design into production.
• Create a sales demand through the SIOP process and execute to the delivery schedule
• Establish a high performing Integrated Product Team (IPT) and ensure the suitable engagement of all key stakeholders to enable program performance, though proactively resolving issues and risks.
• Set the work priority and timing for their IPT leads and teams and contribute to their PDP by setting the performance objectives
• You will lead one or more IPTs and manage a program that has completed New Product Introduction..
• Establishes Program Management Plan (PMP) including customer milestones, accompanying Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and manages adherence to the same.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Science, Finance, Mathematics or Business
• 7 years of aerospace manufacturing experience
• 3 years of experience in program or project management
• Must have Active Secret Clearance
• Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
• GKN Experience
• Program Management Professional Certification from industry organization such as PMI.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Roles within one or more of the following functions: Supply Chain Management (Buyer, Specialist, Manager), Manufacturing Engineering, Commercial (Contracts) Management, Program or Project Management
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Leadership ability to manage a cross-functional team
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.