Career Opportunities: Senior Software Developer (301)
Req ID 301 - Posted 07/03/2019 - Durban (DBN)
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Game Evolution team. Our high performing, technology focused team are very cross functional and require a variety of skills.
The Senior Developer needs to be very focused on quality and comfortable coaching junior developers. There is lots of opportunity for growth within the ecosystem of different products.
Additionally you will be required to provide technical leadership to analyse, design and produce quality software and documentation by adhering to and improving the teams standards and best practices , as well as support team alignment with organizational initiatives and objectives whilst safeguarding the architecture and growing product awareness.
- Analyses requirements and software design, in conjunction with other Developers, according to best practice and organizational initiatives and objectives across product, where required.
- Guide, Coach and Support other team members across products where required.
- Maintain software quality and functionality standards.
- Comprehensively creates and maintains documentation of the software and system design and implementation, according to documentation standards.
- Provides technical leadership in understanding the project complexity, scope and risk for your product
- Agrees coaching strategy with team leadership and play an active role in the coaching, be this technical coaching or mentorship.
- Proactively shares knowledge within the team and with key stakeholders
- Works with other senior developers and architects to create and maintain the architectural vision for the team's products.
- Seeks to understand the business drivers for the team's products and ensures that the architectural vision and design solution align with these business drivers.
- Good understanding of the product lifecycle, including on production environments and operational overheads.
- Ensures the team's products use appropriate technologies and stay abreast of new technologies which could be leveraged to improve the product offering.
- Provides support for product related issues in production with appropriate amount of urgency, while quickly identifying the problem scope.
- Must be extremely focused on code quality and best practices like unit testing.
- No quick fix developers (hackers).
- Must be comfortable with the following:
- coaching junior developers.
- doing code reviews and assessing code quality.
- contributing to technical design reviews.
- brainstorming and helping to improve team processes.
- doing demo’s and presentations to customers.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in terms of new technologies and ways of working.
Required Technical Skills:
- Interest in Game Development (complex UI development)
- 5+ years experience in Java, AS3 or C#
- 3+ years experience in unit testing
- 3+ years in designing and documenting software systems
- Some java script/web development exposure and interest
Advantageous Technical Skills:
- Automated UI testing
- MVC/Dependency Injection
- Mobile Web Game development
- Design Background
- Adaptably Resilient
- Collaborative Relationships
- Communicate and Influences Effectively
- Decision-Making Quality
- Resourceful and Improving
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives Results