Project Scientist at Carlsberg Research Laboratory
Carlsberg A/S is looking for a Project Scientist to carry out and support the research initiatives on hops at the Carlsberg Research Laboratory. The project focuses on improving flavour characteristics of hops through classical breeding and through process optimization. The position concerns laboratory work as well as practical work directly with plants.
As Project Scientist you will be involved with and/or responsible for:
- Carry out current and new research projects related to hop genetics and genomics.
- Closely collaborate with the breeding team to implement research into practical plant breeding.
- Support analytics and aroma profiling of hops and hop compounds in beer.
- Participate in studies relating hop cultivation methods to specific aroma profiles.
The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English. The position is for a duration of 2 years.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and international research environment and contribute to research projects combining basic and applied aspects. The candidate will be part of a world leading global company that provides an experienced international team and excellent research and working facilities.
- You have an education as MSc in biology, agriculture or a related field, preferably with 1 -3 years of relevant working experience.
- Practical experience in handling plants are an asset.
- You have profound knowledge and experience within the field of molecular biology and/or biochemistry, e.g. within RNA and DNA isolation, PCR, plasmid preparations, cloning, heterologous expression, biochemical assays, GC- or LC-MS analyses, or enzyme isolation are expected/desired.
- You are willing to go beyond the practical work and expand into the scientific background of the project were needed.
- You are confident to work in a team but also individually and independently and always take the full ownership of your tasks.
- You are well organized, efficient, and highly self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, e.g. with the Office work package are required.
Application deadline: As soon as possible
Working hours: Full-time, two-year position
Location: Carlsberg Research Laboratory, Copenhagen V
Home page: http://www.carlsberggroup.com
Application: Please use the link below - only online applications will be considered
Contact: For additional information about the position, please contact Senior Scientist Dr. Ilka Braumann (Ilka.Braumann@carlsberglab.dk).
A Multinational Company with a Proud Local Heritage
With over 42,000 employees, Carlsberg Group brings a strong local presence to
40 different markets in Europe and Asia.
We are constantly developing our business to bring the best products possible to
consumers around the world and it is important for us to be a successful, professional
and attractive workplace.