Within the Biomaterial business Sappi is seeking to build a new business for cellulose fibre enhanced plastics under the name of Sappi Symbio. Sappi Symbio is using a market driven approach to develop new products by means of an iterative process of interviewing possible customers, producing sample material, doing customer trials and adjust development according to acquired knowledge. Currently a base portfolio and first production capacity has been established and numerous commercial trials in a diverse range of market segments ranging from furniture, appliances to automotive, are ongoing. We are looking to further accelerate the commercialisation of cellulose fibre enhanced plastic materials.
Your main responsibility is to support the development of new customer applications for cellulose fibre enhanced plastics, provide technical customer support and support manufacturing development. The emphasis will be on the first 2 activities. You will operate in a fast paced and interdisciplinary environment. You will closely work together Technical Product management but also with Sales, Business Management, Manufacturing, R&D, Customers and Suppliers.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the application and manufacturing development processes by initiating and follow up of internal and external testing and report the results to internal stakeholders ensuring projects are run within agreed planning and budget
- Initiating and follow up of internal and external compounding tests and report results to stakeholders
- Support customer’s injection moulding and compounding trials
- Support in follow up of customer’s product complaints
- Contribute as project member in various technology projects
- Provide technical product market support to the commercial team
- Maintain a strong external network with suppliers, laboratories, consultancies in order to execute project work in an effective way
- Support supply chain activities by arranging raw materials for production and application/manufacturing development projects
- BSc or Msc degree or equivalent experience in engineering related field
- Technical background in plastic processing with a focus on injection moulding applications
- Knowledge and experience in the field of polymers, material properties and statistics
- Independent and proactive, open and out of the box mindset, clear “can do” mentality
- Excellent communication and social skills, team player being able to operate in cross-functional international teams
- Customer focused
- The position requires excellent written and oral English communication skills. Additional languages are considered to be an asset
- Multi-day traveling on regular basis is expected
In case of questions of this position, you can contact Jacob Hartstra, New Business Development Manager (email Jacob.email@example.com mobile +31631920074) or Ana Luisa Matos Vaz, Technical Product Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, +31611400937)
Mobile: +31(0)6 386 86 792
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.