Sappi Lanaken Mill (Belgium)
We are looking to extend our Management Team with a Manager Technics:
You will make efficient use of the people and resources for maintenance management in order to guarantee optimal technical availability and reliability of the operational capital equipment at Lanaken Mill.
Furthermore you will be responsible for the local Technology & Engineering department of the mill, leading our engineers in the yearly capital expendure program. You are responsible for the budget proposal for all maintenance and engineering activities and you have to ensure the realization within the approved budget.
You manage the departments with integrity, courage, speed and intelligence to improve our processes. You provide suggestions and ideas that optimize the mill’s strategic direction.
- You are the manager of the complete technical department (approximately 90 employees) at Lanaken Mill.
- You are responsible for the technology & engineering department, handling all the Capex projects of Lanaken mill. (5-10 engineers).
- You will report directly to the Mill Director.
- You install and ensure the achievement of the yearly operational deliverables to comply with the Sappi Lanaken strategy and vision. You will contribute effectively to the Sappi mill strategic planning by providing quantitative and financial foundation/evaluation for mid and long term development plans/alternatives.
- You will Optimize the performance of the people and the organisation: set-up, control and support of an optimal added value process
- You translate the SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment, Quality) policy into actions for the technical and engineering department;
- You are responsible for the coaching and development of the employees of the technical and the Technology & Engineering department.
- You are the driver of change and of further continuous improvement of processes according to the SPE&i strategic vision, and this together with the mill management.
- You are responsible for the technical warehouse.
- You approve and monitor maintenance expenditure in line with budget guidelines;
- You manage communication between the technical department, production, purchase and the local technology & engineering department in order to provide an optimal technical service.
- You draw up maintenance budgets, maintenance concepts and maintenance strategies.
- You ensure legal compliance and contribute to the sustainability of Sappi Lanaken Mill.
- You have a master in Mechanical Engineering Process Technology, Electronics or Civil Engineering.
- You can demonstrate relevant experience as a manager of a technical maintenance department working in a technical organisation or department in an industrial setting.
- You have experience in project organisation
- You are strong both operational and organisational wise, you have a strong portion of maturity and are immune to stress. You also think about improvement in processes.
- You have strong leadership capacities and are a strong coach and motivator.
- You have an out-of-the-box mindset. You provide innovative ideas and are always looking for new challenges.
- Your dynamic and flexible attitude makes you an inspiring, result driven and professional colleague.
- You are willing to improve continuously and act as a change agent within the site according to our SPE&i-vision.
- You have strong communication skills (Dutch, English and German) and are customer oriented.
Independency, a problem solving ability and pro-activity are part of your personality
Ine Cardinaels – HR Business Partner Development
tel. +32 (0)89 719914