What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
In the new Sappi Biotech Office based at Netherlands Services department located at Maastricht Mill we now have the following fulltime position available:
Application Specialist - Sappi Biotech Nanocellulose
To provide technical customer support to the Valida market offering by working with customers to drive maximum value from Valida. To support the implementation of product portfolio strategies and to maximize business opportunities through a unique understanding of the product application, market and customer dynamics.
As Application Specialist you will work closely together with the Product Manager Nanocellulose and the R&D team. You are able to translate successful trials into commercial business and manage customers queries and complaints and building value-based relationships.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide first line technical support to customers to ensure that Valida works effectively in their process and application
- To identify new customers and markets for Sappi Valida
- Initiate contact with customers and present the Valida value proposition
- Translate customer application requirements into properties to direct Valida product development
- Document customer feedback through structured Customer Relationship Management, with scheduled visits per customer.
- Manage customer specific initiatives in line with the sales and marketing strategy
- Handle the resolution of customer complaints related to sales, quality and service
- Gather and analyse relevant market information
- Coordinate technical support to facilitate the incorporation of Valida into customer products and processes
- Liaise with R&D teams, Mills and Logistics personnel regarding any non-conforming products or product improvements required
- Anticipate business opportunities and act promptly to capture value
- Support specific cost saving and margin enhancement projects
- Ensure all activities in the product portfolio are managed according to agreed processes and procedures
- Support and assist in the innovation process
- Ensure that all aspects of good corporate governance are adhered to
- BSc or MSc in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science or physics
- Minimum of 5 years of appropriate business and technical experience
- Independent and proactive with the ability to identify and develop opportunities.
- Ability to think creatively, out of the box and communicate technical ideas effectively in both technical and commercial environments. Must have a strong project management focus and a proven track record of success in a materials development environment would be advantageous
- Team player being able to operate in cross-functional teams.
- The position requires excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- The position will require multi-day traveling on a regular basis
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.