What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
About Sappi Kirkniemi Mill
Sappi Kirkniemi mill in Lohja, Finland is part of Sappi Europe. Annually it produces 750,000 tons of high quality publication papers which are used for premium quality publications all over the world.
The mill employs 550 paper industry professionals from production to product development. Over 90% of the mill’s production is exported.
We are looking for two Supply Chain Planners to be a part of the Sappi Operations Planning team located at the Kirkniemi mill. The Operations Planning team in Kirkniemi is responsible for rough and fine production planning as well as for dispatch planning of paper truck deliveries to customers in various market areas. As a Supply Chain Planner you get the opportunity to manage daily operations from customer order production planning to the final step of ensuring goods are delivered in a timely manner and in full to the customer. Focus point of both Supply Chain planners we are looking for will be in production planning area. One of the positions will be filled full time and the other for a fixed term due to maternity leave cover.
- Execute the S&OP plan into rough & detailed scheduling of all mill resources
- Provide efficient plans for the mill by creating an optimal production schedule ensuring customer orders are timely and in full scheduled (not too early, not too late)
- Provide exception handling: act as single point of contact for all customer, sales and marketing requests and provide adequate solutions
- Provide stock management such that planned stocks are executed to ensure target customer availability
- Provide shop floor control activities to manage the material flow of the mill and achieve customer service targets
- Manage day to day customer contact where we have customer specific planning solutions in place and ensure customer service targets are achieved
- Provide service and support to sales, marketing, production, finishing, dispatch, R&D and the quality department
- Ensure effective and timely dispatch planning and customs related activities in coordination with sales, the mill and forwarders
- Provide planning relevant reporting
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor level of education or comparable by work experience
- Some years of experience in supply chain, logistics, sales office or a mill is a benefit
- General Microsoft computer skills and a basic knowledge of SAP
- Able to analyze processes
- Fluency in English and Finnish is required (spoken & written)
- Creative, innovative, open for new, innovative ideas, able to think out of the box
- Customer orientated
- Able to work under pressure
- The ability to work independently and proactively
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Action orientated and result driven
- Flexible and able to work in multifunctional teams
- Able to work in a team spread over multiple locations
Applications with CVs are required to be sent in English by 31st January 2019 via Sappi´s Career Portal.
Contact for more information on the job content
Head of Supply Chain Graphics Reels
tel. +31 (0)43 3822416
Manager Mill Supply Chain Planning Kirkniemi
tel. +358 10 464 2230
More information on the working conditions can be obtained from our HR department.
Contact person: Jaana Laukkanen, Mill HR Business Partner
tel. +358 400 741 053
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.