What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
Sappi Kirkniemen tehdas Lohjalla on osa Sappi Europea. Tehdas tuottaa vuosittain 735 000 tonnia korkealaatuisia aikakauslehtipapereita, joita käytetään laadukkaissa julkaisuissa ympäri maailmaa. Kirkniemessä työskentelee noin 550 paperialan ammattilaista tuotannosta tuotekehitykseen.
- Haluatko haasteita paperintuotannon näköalapaikalta?
- Haluatko työskennellä lähellä pääkaupunkiseutua haastavissa tehtävissä?
- Haluatko liittyä tehokkaaseen ja menestyvään tiimiin, jonka tavoitteena on tehdä laadukasta päällystettyä paperia turvallisesti?
- Oletko kiinnostunut kehittämään itseäsi ja etenemään urallasi?
Sappi Europe, Kirkniemi Mill, Lohja
The Development Engineer is part of PQM (Process and Quality Management)-organization, which gives an important contribution to the results of Kirkniemi mill in achieving its strategic targets regarding product quality and costs, realization and support of the execution and coordination of specific projects regarding development and improvement.
You will be responsible to:
- coordinating and/or supporting activities related to product quality and cost savings
- selecting and testing safe & sustainable recipes, process chemicals and new raw materials
- supporting in short- and long-term technical and technological development projects in line with the mill strategy
- management of selected projects within the mill
- keep contact to both external and internal suppliers and support co-operation with Central Purchasing and mill controlling
- you have a masters degree in Chemical engineering, Paper engineering or Organic Chemistry or other similar qualification
- you have experience in papermaking, background or experience with coating or specialty papers will be considered as advantage
- you are familiar with project management and used to work in projects
- you have fluent language skills in Finnish and English – both spoken and written
- you have good knowledge of computer software (e.g. MS-Office, SAP, Minitab)
- you demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking both independently and as a member of the team
- you are focused on customer service and continuous improvement
- you possess excellent analytical and statistical problem solving skills
- you are determined and proactive and you like to think out of the box
- you are flexible, open minded and you have good social skills
- you are have good communication and presentation skills
Satu Karjalainen, Assistant PQM Manager, e-mail: Satu.Karjalainen@sappi.com, mobile: +358 50 598 7609
Please be kind and follow the given times for contacting via phone:
Thu 5.7 14-15
Tue 10.7 14-15:30
Mon 30.7 14-15:30
Deadline for applications
Deadline for application is 5.8.2018. Job applications are asked to be sent via Sappi Career portal
Mobile: +358 50 4801 061
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.