Sappi Southern Africa
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to employ a Rigger to provide a specialist service to the customer with rigging and inspection of lifting equipment on a daily and shift basis throughout the Mill.
REPORTING TO the Rigging Foreman
- Liaise with the customer regarding rigging requirements and advise the Engineers, Foremen, Production Personnel regarding rigging requirements.
- Perform work scoping to ensure proper planning take place.
- Obtain the necessary work permit according to Sappi policy and assist production personnel with isolation process where required.
- Drive mobile cranes and machinery in the absence of crane drivers or when the job requires them to do so.
- Perform legal inspections for lifting equipment, complete registers and declare equipment fit for use, or take the required action when equipment fails inspections.
- Perform specialised rigging tasks by assessing requirements and calculating safe lifting angles, radii and loads for lifting equipment and mobile cranes.
- Assist Shift Artisan with breakdowns and opportunity maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
- Create a safe work environment by identifying and managing risks associated with a task to be performed.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Machine safety specifications
- Legal requirements
- Incident investigation
- Workplace safety
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Rigger
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
- Valid driver’s license EB
CLOSING DATE: 22 August 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.