Sappi Southern Africa
FITTER (Grade 11)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To safely perform maintenance tasks to ensure long-term plant reliability, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness.
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Support/ Superintendent
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies and fabricate parts for production machines and other equipment as required
- Schedule maintenance for the plant or area of responsibility according to notifications and Planned Schedules
- Perform fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair or correct equipment to keep downtime to a minimum
- Perform daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed inspection list
- Perform standby as required to cover breakdowns after normal working hours and weekends, report all deviations to the Maintenance Support Mechanical (Foreman)
- Report all unsafe acts to the Maintenance Support Mechanical
- Withdraw spare parts and equipment from Main Stores utilising SAP as required by the task being performed
- Improve and maintain Master Data in SAP’s accuracy and comply with work order business processes and update as required
- Comply to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) requirements of the Mill and section
- Assist production personnel with Equipment Isolation / Lockout of the process when performing isolations / Lockouts of the equipment
- Investigate incidents and identify root cause / s of Non-Conformances and take corrective actions on all deviations as required
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workplace and workshop at all times
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Work independently and as a team member
- Safety conscious
- Systemic mind-set
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
- Grade 12 or N2 Engineering
- N3 Engineering would be preferred
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment will be advantageous
- Valid Driving Licence
Marius de Jager
Closing Date is: 25 June 2018 .
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.