Sappi Southern Africa
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (Grade 9/HRL15/S8)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ an Electrical Technician to provide a Maintenance service to the Production Department, in his/ her area of operation
REPORTING TO Head of Maintenance
- Assist the Electrical Engineer and Electrical Project engineers by performing various project work, technical investigations and management tasks
- Adjudicate quotations and participate in the selection of various contractors to ensure professional completion of cataract work
- Manage Capital and Renewal projects, this shall include liaison, supervision and motivation of project team members detailed planning, reporting and cost control
- Update plant Electrical drawings in consultation with plant Foremen
- Perform technical investigations and feasibility studies and investigates maintenance problems, producing reports containing detailed recommendations.
- Fault finding on plant and equipment not performing to OEM specifications.
- Fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput capacity
- Assists with plant breakdowns where necessary and provide support to Plant Foremen, and manages sections pending situations, also carries out standby duties.
- Observes Company safety policy and procedures in accordance with OHS Act and IRCA.
- Shut implementation and supervision
- Ensure a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge and Experience in Shut planning
- Problem solving techniques such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s)
- Project and contract management experience and skills
- Use and understanding of bar charts
- Competent with Capex and Renewal procedure
- Drawing compilation, filing, checking and approval
- Control system development and design
- HV/LV mill reticulation and implementation of maintenance strategy
- PLC, Coding, DCS and IT Systems is critical
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of Heavy industry experience
- 1-2 years fault finding experience
- Pulp and Paper industry maintenance experience advantageous
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
Closing Date: 17 August 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.