Sappi Southern Africa
CHECKER RECOVERY 1 (Scale A)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Checker to ensure all outside equipment and processes are fully utilized and functional.
REPORTING TO Shift Superintendent Chemical
- Ensure the plant is running according to required rate and quality specifications
- Inspect auxiliary equipment once per shift
- Responsible for the reporting of any defects and or deviations from the normal running of the plant
- Identify abnormal and emergency plant conditions and take corrective action according to standards
- Isolate plant as required
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
- Perform any other ad hoc requests from Shift Superintendent or Production Manager
- Take samples as and when required
- Create a safe work environment by identifying and reporting risks
- Report all accidents, injuries and fires immediately to the Process Controller and or Shift Superintendent
- Accountable to ensure adherence to all safety Best Practice, procedures and Behaviour Based Safety practices.
- Ensure adherence to specific Legal regulatory requirements
- Do plant walkabout and inspections and take corrective action where required
- Achieve 5S status of housekeeping in area of responsibility
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Proactive and Initiative
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 ( Math’s and Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper or Project Phambili Certificate
- 1-3 years experience in a Production environment
Closing date : 28 December 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.