Sappi Southern Africa
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Grade 7/ HRL16/S7)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ a Mechanical Engineer to maximize equipment performance in a safe, legal and cost-effective manner
- Development and implementation of maintenance standards and maintain equipment to these standards.
- Conducting of audits to ensure compliance to standards and legal requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Maintenance Business Processes within his area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all corrective actions required to return plant back to service.
- To ensure Failure Analysis of plant and equipment failures is completed as per the plant standard, and that the probable root causes have been identified and addressed.
- Responsible for Maintenance & Incidental shut planning and execution.
- Responsible for long term maintenance planning.
- Budget control and management of Maintenance expenditure.
- Ensure disposal of hazardous maintenance waste & spills according to environmental policies and procedures.
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Communicates with the internal and external suppliers and Customers Responds to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Understanding of Engineering life extension
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques - RCAs
- Project management experience and skills
- Knowledge of, use and understanding of bar charts
- Competent with Capex and Renewal procedure, stores ATS
- Drawing compilation, filing, checking and approval
- Knowledge on Control system development and design (Electrical)
- Specialised Mechanical skills (Mechanical)
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- BSc or B.Eng Mechanical Engineering
- 5 Years’ Experience in Heavy industry
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- Valid Driving License
Marius de Jager
Closing Date for Applicantions is: 24 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.