Sappi Southern Africa
Production SUPERINTENDENT FIBRELINE #3(HRL16/7/S7)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Production Superintendent for Fibreline #3. The position will be responsible to ensure maximum plant efficiency in a safe, legal and cost effective manner through playing an active role and by application of technical skills to create effective and efficient standards of operation.
REPORTING TO Production Manager FBL#3
- Review and inspect critical performance parameters on a daily basis, for functionality, and addressing potential risks.
- Keep a historical account of operating parameters, monitors for longer term potential deviations.
- Mentors, guides and supports operating personnel in achieving the required operating parameters and ensure effective checks on the plant is done
- Develop and update Best Operating Practices and Safe Work Procedures for the section in conjunction with the Shift Managers.
- Effective management of section costs within the allocated budget.
- Investigate all unplanned downtime and institute corrective actions as well as complete RCA timeously.
- Assist with problem solving and corrective actions by facilitating, initiating and participating in team based problem solving.
- Ensure competency and development of personnel.
- Identify high flyers for further development and succession planning.
- Ensure that training manual material per position is updated regularly and is applicable to current process capabilities
- Keep abreast with technical knowledge within section of responsibility
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the shut-down process and operational tasks during planned outages from an operational perspective.
- Assists on shut planning, schedules and administration.
- Manage all consumables for effective production functions and performance.
- Liaison with respective suppliers on raw materials and plant VP cost items.
- Ensure the good standards are maintained with regards to safety and housekeeping compliance by adhering to company standards
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Organisational Awareness
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- BSc Chemical Engineering/ BTech Chemical Engineering/BTech Pulp and Paper
- 4 Years in the Pulp and Paper Industry
- 2 Years Chemical Cellulose experience
- Relevant Management Qualification
- 2 Years Supervisory Exposure
Closing date : 28 November 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.