Sappi Southern Africa
TECHNICAL TRAINING OFFICER – COMMUNITY SERVICES (Grade 9/HRL15/S8))
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana requires to employ a Technical Training Officer – Community Services to conduct training related to the construction and community development environment for mill employees, apprentices, operations trainees and community learners
REPORTING TO Learning Manager
- Prepare training demand schedules to cover all the construction and community services related courses offered in the centre
- Coordinate the registration and assessment of community trainees at the training centre. Ensure that registration documents, numbering systems and assessment processes and results are properly filed as and when required
- Submit signed attendance registers to the administration for capturing and safe keeping.
- Develop training material for community short courses in construction and community services, with a focus on practical application of skills without requiring formal qualifications
- Ensure that training materials meet instructional design standards, contain adequate opportunities for practical’s and with the requisite formative and summative assessments.
- Facilitate classroom and practical training related construction and community services.
- Identify local projects that learners can complete to ensure that they get the practical experience they need. Work with mill teams to obtain the correct authorisation and supervision for the work to be completed.
- Adhere to regulatory standards for assessment and moderation for accredited training.
- Maintain discipline among the trainees, and monitor their behaviour against the Skills Centre’s code of conduct. Ensure that inappropriate behaviour is addressed immediately.
- Maximise the re-use of consumables where possible to minimise the cost impact.
- Participate in the evaluation of new learning methods such as online theory modules, augmented reality tools and new training panels from providers.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Learning Design and Content Development
- Mentorship and Coaching
- Testing and Evaluation Procedures
- Performance Management
- Learning Administration
- Learning Technology
- Construction Regulations
- Records Management
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with Maths (not Maths Literacy) and Science
- 5 years’ experience in a construction environment
- 2 years’ experience as a training facilitator
- Qualification as an assessor and/or moderator would be advantageous
Marius de Jager
Closing Date for Applications: 27 November 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.