Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Nursing Assistant/Basic Ambulance Assistant ( P11 )
Sappi Saiccor requires a Nursing Assistant / Ambulance Assistant to assist with the maintenance of a healthy workforce, to establish support functions that aim to improve employee safety and productivity, and to implement systems that ensure compliance with relevant legislation
REPORTING TO the Health Practitioner
- Assist with the scheduling of medical examinations, taking patient history prior to medical examination and conduct basic observations
- Conduct Audiometry, vision and lung function testing and ensure daily calibration of spirometer
- Assist with the education and training of employees in accordance with the risks to which they may be exposed
- Perform Ambulance vehicle and equipment inspections, First aid box audits and replenishment of all stock
- Perform daily inspections of the emergency room equipment, stock, and oxygen supply and report to correct deviations
- Participate in Health and Safety, Employee Well Being and Peer Educator forums and visit departments/sections to discuss health-related issues with the employees
- Conduct plant visits and inspections to ensure cleanliness and to identify certain basic health risks
- Provide primary emergency care and refer to the appropriate service
- Ensure accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Participate in the relevant campaigns, programmes of work-related issues such as ergonomics, shift work, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), reproductive health issues
- Keeping of statutory, patient clinical records, ensuring confidentiality
- Assist with telephone and computer tasks and assist with clinic filing
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team work and motivational skills.
- Safety Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Communication skills (written & verbal)
- MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- SAP will be advantageous
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- General Nursing Assistant qualification or Basic Ambulance Assistant
- Certificate in Audiometry and Spirometry, First aid level 1, HCT certificate
- Registration with South African Nursing council or the Health Professionals council
- 3 Year experience in the Occupational health field
039 973 8295
Closing date: 23 November 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.