Sappi Somerset is the largest coated free sheet paper mill in North America, producing 795,000 metric tons of paper and 525,000 metric tons of pulp each year. The mill began as a pulp mill, supplying fiber for Scott paper facilities beginning in 1976. The first of three state-of-the-art paper machines was installed in 1982, with subsequent machines installed in 1986 and 1990. The mill also produces market pulp based on fiber balance and continues to push for world class status in the realms of safety, quality and productivity.
Position (job title): Area Operations Manager - Energy
Department: Utilities & Recovery
Work Site: Mill Somerset
The SAPPI Somerset Plant is seeking candidates for the position Area Operations Manager-Energy. The successful candidate will lead the site energy team with focus on reducing energy usage and optimizing costs. Additional responsibilities associated with energy include fuel use guidance, budgeting and performance analysis, management of power, interconnection, and natural gas contracts, operator training, and specific project improvement work.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, minimum of 10 years MFG. and Process Engineering experience or equivalent experiences
- Capable of performing process analysis and material and energy balances
- Ability to implement systems and obtain results by effectively working with whatever departments or areas are required and affected
- Ability to use site computer systems and software at high level of expertise
- Ability to evaluate and work with consultants to support meeting assignment goals
- Motivated, self-starter able to learn about new subjects and apply principles to meet goals
- Will be expected to meet specific PMP energy improvement goals specific to the cost of generation and energy consumption
- Lead the site energy team and lead as well as participate in other improvement efforts in the paper mill, pulping, and U&R
- Will manage efforts, results tracking, and reporting utilizing the energy integrated action plan
- Maintain site energy production and usage data for reporting purposes, cost evaluations, and optimization efforts.
- Coordinate development of site fuel and energy budget and report performance against plans, including impacts from planned improvement efforts.
- Participate in Sappi energy platform and cluster efforts
- Assist in development of department cost reporting, forecasting, and data analysis.
- Manage the Somerset electrical power and natural gas contract implementation, invoice review, approval, and accounting processes.
- Manage the generation, tracking, transfers, audits, and reporting of renewable energy certificates (RECS).
- Coordinate and manage the use of U&R training systems and transition from Optimas to Convergence.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Karen Caffyn
Contact Information: Karen Caffyn , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.