Sappi Southern Africa
Analyst : Mgo2 Digesters (Grade 14 )
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ a suitably qualified candidate to sample and analyse cooking liquor from the Digesters during cooking process, sample hourly from the pressure and Strengthening Tank as well as from the SRP Plant.
REPORTING To Mgo2 Digester Cook Controller.
- Report all hazardous conditions to Charge hand/ Senior Operator.
- Log the results in the log book and reports the results to the SO2 Recovery Operator and Cook Controller.
- Receive samples and analyses samples from the Recovery boiler.
- Log the results in the log book and forwards the results to the Recovery Control Room.
- Collect cooking samples one hour after start of the cook.
- Analyse the sample according to the Palmrose method.
- Take samples on an hourly basis from the Pressure Tank and Strengthening Tank.
- Perform tasks required by Management at an equivalent level of complexity.
- Sign requisition forms for chemicals required for the analyses.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF Level 4 (Grade 12)
- N2 Pulp and Paper or relevant qualification
- 3-4 years’ relevant work experience
039 973 8295
Closing date: 23 November 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.