Sappi Southern Africa
Head Office - Braamfontein Johannesburg
General Manager Specialised Cellulose ( HRL 20/S5 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Trading Located in Hong Kong requires a suitable General Manager to sell Specialised Cellulose products within agreed guidelines provided by Sappi Papier Holding GmbH, optimising both sales revenue and mill contributions.
REPORTING TO: Executive Vice President Specialised Cellulose
- Assumes full responsibility for the Pulp Department ensuring that all Sappi Papier Holding GmbH mandates as it relates to pricing, volumes, payment terms, sales and marketing policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for seeking new or updated mandates from Sappi Papier Holding GmbH due to changed market circumstances.
- Responsible for customer and contract negotiations and customer contract management within the mandates provided by Sappi Papier Holding GmbH.
- Provide Sappi Papier Holding GmbH with updated market information.
- Support Sappi Papier Holding GmbH with the development of annual budgets and trimester forecasts and for the implementation of the budgets and trimester forecasts approved by Sappi Papier Holding GmbH.
- Regularly visit existing and potential customers on behalf of Sappi Papier Holding GmbH.
- Ensure that all customer technical queries and other problems are adequately addressed.
- Visit and evaluates the performance of agents on a regular basis on behalf of Sappi Papier Holding GmbH.
- Coordinate visits of both Sappi personnel and Sappi Papier Holding GmbH into the various markets and of customers to the various Sappi manufacturing mills.
- Leads the Pulp Department to inspire, coach, and motivate team that is driven towards achieving the business results mandated by Sappi Papier Holding GmbH.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Customer focused, service oriented with key account management skills and have a hands-on mentality.
- Proven Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, able to build internal and external relationship.
- Open to a multinational environment and willingness to travel extensively.
- Strong negotiating skills, Good with deadlines, Advanced problem-solving and Detail-oriented.
- Impeccable ethics and values.
- Product Knowledge
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree in any discipline or equivalent marketing qualification.
- 8 years relevant experience in a multinational sales and marketing environment, preferably in the pulp and paper industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales in international markets.
- Understanding of contract negotiations and export logistics.
- Supply Chain experience.
- Computer proficiency is required.
011 407 8111
Closing date : 24 November 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.