Sappi Southern Africa
Electronics Technician ( HRL 15/S8 )
Sappi Stanger Mill is looking for an Electronics Technician to ensures that all electronic equipment and related software is maintained and conforms to standards to provide maximum availability, efficiency and reliability in the safest and most cost effective manner so that production is maximised and downtime is minimised.
- Maintains all electronic equipment in the mill
- Calibrate electronic measuring equipment to ISO 9001 quality standard
- Repairs electronic instrumentation
- Maintains Siemens PLC (S7 & S5), ABB and Siemens Drives, Siemens DCS systems
- Compile procedures and works instructions
- Design and manufacture electronic circuits and pc boards when required
- Train trainees and apprentices
- Monitors daily downtime and institute corrective action plans to prevent recurrences of breakdowns
- Provide Electronics Engineer with failure reports and project status feedback on a weekly basis
- Fault finding and repair of electronic systems to card level
- Fault finding and repair of electronic cards down to component level
- Ensure availability of spares for all electronic systems in the mill
- Install and commission electronic systems
- Identify potential problem areas and initiate maintenance to ensure reliability
- Implements continuous improvement on all electronic equipment in the mill
- Familiarize himself with the OHS Act applicable to his level of authority.
- Reporting regularities/irregularities on current availability of spares & plant condition
- Ensures all jobs are carried out in accordance with the safety procedures
- Involved in projects within his section in terms of design and installation
- Reducing waste, Complying with environmental legal requirements
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non- Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organizing
- Initiative / proactive
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric and N6 Electronics / Diploma Electrical Engineering (Light Current or Heavy Current)
- Code 08 Drivers Licence
- Three years AC/DC drives and PLCs in an industrial environment (Paper industry would be an added advantage) ABB Multi drives ( ACV700, ACS880, ACS600, 800XA controllers ) & Siemens drives (sinamics, materdrives )
- Three 3 years Siemens S7 and S5 PLC Programming
- Three 3 years Siemens DCS or Scada (Wincc and or PCS7) will be advantageous
- Computer Literate (MS Office Packages), while SAP knowledge would be advantageous
Shameela Essop Mahomed
Closing date: 24 October 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.