Sappi Southern Africa
Quality Controller ( [[Grade 10/HRL13/S9]] )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana requires a Quality Controller to ensure that all stock materials purchased and stored are received and maintained to the required specifications, quality and standards. To maintain material quality requirements on SAP Master Data, procedures and processes as required
REPORTING TO the Materials Manager
- Ensure quality inspections of all materials received and stored in the Main Store
- Maintain proper physical storage conditions in the stores and the storage specifications on SAP Master Data
- Develop and ensure the quality control master and historical data on SAP is maintained at all times
- Ensure rotable equipment numbers are created on SAP and equipment is properly marked
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers with regards to stock specifications and requirements
- Inspect all Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation equipment for defects and or deviations and take appropriate corrective actions to have the equipment replaced, maintained or corrected.
- Create and maintain all preventative and corrective maintenance on sensitive Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation equipment stored with in the stores to ensure serviceability of the equipment using SAP and QCP’s.
- Accountable to ensure adherence to all safety BP’s, procedures and BBS practices and regulatory requirements.
- Achieve 5S housekeeping status in area of responsibility
- Understand and comply with the Safety, Health, environmental and Quality requirements of the job.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Customer Interaction
- Quality Control Practices and Processes
- Engineering know how
- Engineering knowledge
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Artisan – Millwright or Electrical or Mechanical or Instrumentation
- 5 Years as an artisan with a wide experience and knowledge spanning multiple engineering disciplines Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechanical is preferred
Marius De Jager
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.