Sappi Southern Africa
Millwright ( HRL 13/S9 )
Sappi Stanger Mill is looking for a Millwright to ensure optimum plant availability & efficiency by maintaining and repairing plant and equipment according to engineering specifications and safety standards.
- Diagnoses, fault finds and repairs equipment failures so as to effectively minimise machine downtime
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained.
- Carries out shift work in accordance with pre planned roster.
- Carries out planned maintenance schedules to required standards.
- Checks that all relevant information for the updating of drawings is collated and is accurate and correct.
- Attends training courses as and when required.
- Covers for other multi-skilled artisans for leave, training and sick leave.
- Installation of electrical & mechanical equipment.
- Liaises with production personnel in his assigned areas and other engineering staff as and when required.
- Coaches operators on best operating practices and autonomous maintenance tasks.
- Submits suggestions for improvements within his sphere of operations.
- Participates in Shift Base Units, plant teams and focus teams.
- Reports unsafe acts and conditions to appropriate management level.
- Compiles shift report and ensure proper shift handover as per procedure.
- Adheres to the environmental policy and procedures of reducing waste, preventing spills, meeting environmental target, complying with hazardous chemical procedures and environmental legal requirements.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Initiative / Proactive
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Mechanical Engineering (4 subjects)
- Millwright Trade Test Certificate (Mechanical & Electrical)
- 5 Years qualified as an Artisan, with experience in maintenance in a heavy engineering environment
Shameela Essop Mahomed
Closing date: 24 October 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.