Sappi Southern Africa
Fitter & Turner ( P11 )
Sappi Stanger Mill is looking for a Fitter & Turner to ensure optimum plant availability by mill-wide maintenance of plant and machinery e,g. Manufacturing of Components for Plant Machinery & Equipment, etc.
- Overhaul pumps, gearboxes, agitators, screens, valves, fit mechanical seals, etc.
- Manufactures various shafts for pumps, gearboxes, agitators, screens, etc.
- Reads, interprets engineering drawings, outside / inside micrometers, dial gauges, telescopic gauges, Vernier’s, etc. (Precision tools).
- Executes general fitting and turning work, & fault diagnosis.
- Machine/Cuts various threads eg. Acme, square, screw threads (Internal/external), etc.
- Operates slotting, boring, milling machines & Lathes.
- Operates Machine Shop overhead Crane.
- Operates Hydraulic presses.
- Operates drilling, grinding machines.
- Manufactures various bushes/sleeves/shafts, etc. to specified tolerances.
- Required to work standby and overtime as & when required.
- Work under pressure for delivery.
- Understands/Applies the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time & Ensures machine availability.
- Generates Risks assessments for individual tasks.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Good interactive/ communication skills
- Computer literate, SAP skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric & NTC-3 or N2 Mechanical Engineering (N3 advantageous)
- Fitter/Turner - Trade Test Certificate
- Two years post – Apprenticeship/section 28 - experience in a heavy Engineering environment.
Shameela Essop Mahomed
032 437 2178
Closing date: 20 October 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.