Sappi Southern Africa
Instrument Mechanician ( HRL 13/S9 )
Sappi Stanger Mill is looking for a Instrument Mechanician to ensure optimum plant availability through identifying repair and replacement needs for instrumentation used in the plant. This includes electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Install, test, connect, commission, maintain and modify instrumentation in the plant. This includes the distributed control systems (DCS).
- Perform instrument maintenance according to SAP notifications and planned schedules, including during shuts. Complete work orders on the SAP system.
- Periodically inspect instruments and test equipment for conformance to specifications. Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to defined standards and manufacturer’s specifications. Adjust phasing and align stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating functions. Record calibrations made, parts and components used and an inventory of remaining parts on hand.
- Remove defective instruments from the system. Decontaminate, disassemble and clean instruments. Replace defective parts. Reassemble and replace into the system.
- Do fault finding on systems during breakdown and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum. Complete failure analysis.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Prepare status reports and activity logs as required.
- Performs any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Understand the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Participate in investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance. Correct any deviations that relate to instrument maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Report all unsafe acts to the direct supervisor.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Ensure that relevant work permit is up to date.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Proactive and taking initiative
- Self-motivated and energetic
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12/Matric qualification and N2 Instrumentation (N3 Advantageous)
- Instrumentation Trade Test Certificate
- Min 2 years in Pulp and Paper experience will also be advantageous.
- Driver’s License and Own Transport essential
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
Shameela Essop Mahomed
032 437 2178
Closing date: 20 October 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.