Sappi Southern Africa
Shift Superintendent Chemical
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Shift Superintendent to effectively manage resources with the objective of producing quality and quantity products according to customer requirements and according to mill standards and objectives.
REPORTING TO the Production Manager: Chemical Recovery
- Lead a Shift based team assigned to the plant.
- Participates in relevant forums to facilitate effective communication. MDT, SHEQ, etc.
- Recommends maintenance/upgrade/replacement of existing equipment to optimize production efficiency.
- Plans the plant operations to ensure the maximum utilization of the resources (raw materials, energy, and people).
- Manages the execution of production activities (shuts, start-ups, checks, log sheets, graph trends, resources) to sustain quality standards and plant efficiency.
- Asses and manage abnormal plant conditions to ensure plant stability
- Assess staff against Position Profile & coaches/mentors team members.
- Ensures on-the-job and off-the-job training activities.
- Monitor and adjust employee role and responsibility.
- Evaluate and direct performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time. 5S Standards
- Ensure BBS observations are conducted according to mill objectives
- Ensure adherence to annual fixed cost, renewals, and overtime and manpower budgets.
- Communicates with the internal and external suppliers / customers.
- Responds to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning & Organising
- Problem solving
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / Degree Pulp and Paper or Diploma / Degree Chemical Engineering or Project Pambili
- Minimum 5 – 8 Years Chemical Recovery experience
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.