Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Structural Plater ( P11 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ incumbents to carry out repairs and maintenance of a large variety of components in the Saiccor Mill Plant including pipe work, structures and general steelwork
REPORTING TO the MECHANICAL FOREMAN
- Complete schedule/planned maintenance requirements
- Perform plant inspections on a daily basis, checking maintaining good plant conditions
- Reporting abnormalities to Foreman
- Make repairs to faulty equipment using suitable tools and equipment
- Complete predictive maintenance activities for example do plant pipe work checks and report abnormal conditions
- Perform breakdown maintenance on unplanned equipment failures
- Completed scheduled and planned maintenance during shutdown periods
- Keep tools in good working condition
- Perform all tasks relating to structural plating requirements i.e. plate developing, forming, welding cutting etc.
- Participate in and abide by all SHEQ systems in place
- Uphold aspects of and perform required activities relating to the OHSAct as delegated by superior
- Perform task in any part of the factory when requested by the Responsible superior
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Fault finding techniques
- Computer literacy
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF Level 4 with Math’s & Science (Grade 12)
- Relevant Trade Test certificate
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years Engineering experience
- Sappi apprenticeship or ECP candidates will be considered on achievement of trade test
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.