Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America’s in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Temporary Plant Protection Officer
Work Site: Mill Somerset
We are currently in the process of accepting applications for a Temporary Plant Protection Officer.
This position is a temporary position.
Required background, experience and attributes:
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Certified Emergency Medical Technician
3. Willingness to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends and overtime
4. Conflict resolution skills
5. Team Oriented
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. Basic computer usage skills
1. Industrial safety experience or education
2. Firefighter I or II certification
3. Professional Military / Police / Public Safety experience.
4. Hazmat technician level certification & SCBA qualification
5. Confined Space Rescue
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: Cayla Tozier, email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.