Sappi Southern Africa
Forestry Ngodwana Nursery
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE ( HRL 15U/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Southern Africa - Forests is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to ensure the maintenance of a comprehensive sustainably, healthy workforce, to establish support functions that aim to improve employee health, safety and productivity, and to implement systems that ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
REPORTING TO: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER - FORESTS
- Targeted employee health monitoring and effective remedial actions to correct deviations.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements regarding Occupational Health and Safety.
- Elimination or control of occupational and environmental hazards by continuous identification, assessment and the implementation of preventative/corrective actions.
- Identification and management of adverse health effects arising from workplace conditions (including management of work-related injuries and illness, rehabilitation, reintegration and compensation where applicable).
- Ensuring appropriate staff deployment, in accordance with the risks to which employees may be exposed, and the inherent requirements of the positions to which they are assigned.
- Education and training of employees in accordance with the risks to which they may be exposed, and the inherent requirements of the positions to which they are assigned.
- Providing a Primary Health Care Programme to employees of the company which includes assessing, diagnosing, and treating employees with non-work-related illnesses and injuries
- Family Planning, Vaccination / Immunisation.
- Monitoring of Chronic Conditions, facilitation of access to medication and non-occupational emergency medical support.
- Providing Health education.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising and Professionalism
- Good communication skills
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Managing Conflict
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Occupational Health
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Health will be an advantage
- Certificate in Audiometry and Spirometry
- Dispensing Certificate
- Registration with SA Nursing Council and the South African Society for Occupational Nurses
- At least three years' experience in the Occupational Health field
- Driving Code EB and able to drive manual
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.