Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Technician: Electrical (SNR) ( HRL 15/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ incumbents to provide high level technical support to the Electrical and related departments, specifically relating to plant optimization, automation, electrical reticulation and fault diagnosis in order to maximize plant availability
REPORTING TO the AREA ENGINEER
- Maintenance of all PLC and SCADA installations and Profibus networks
- Perform implementation and commissioning of electrical and PLC system related projects
- Complete system back ups
- Ensure modifications and projects conform to mill policies, standards and regulations
- Maintain plant availability by optimizing plant performance and control characteristics
- Keep abreast of technological advancement within industry and review equipment
- Fault find malfunctions of field devices and system components with the aid of drawings and test equipment
- Fulfill supervisory duties by supervising junior technicians and monitoring expenditure
- Comply with SHEQ rules and procedures
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of Electrical distribution, protection, generation and motors, heavy industrial electrical equipment and systems
- Advanced knowledge of PLC and SCADA Systems, Electrical Equipment and Installations, Computer Systems and Profibus Networks.
- Maintenance plan development for equipment
- Problem solving analysis
- Strong Communication skills
- Leadership and Supervisory skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF 6 qualification (S4 National Diploma)
- 5 years relevant experience as a technician within a heavy industry environment
- Proven knowledge of heavy industrial electrical equipment and systems and proven knowledge and experience of PLC / Profibus
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, MS Projects , SAP)
- NQF 7 qualification (B-tech) coupled with proven supervisory and project management experience would be advantageous
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.