Sappi Southern Africa
Production Superintendent (Paper) ( HRL 16/S7 )
Purpose of the Job
Sappi - Stanger Mill is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to ensure maximum short term and long term performance and development of productivity by managing and developing the resources used to produce the products and services in the section.
Reporting to the Paper Production Manager
- Sets performance standards in the areas of quality, cost, delivery, environment and people (QCDEP), aligned with the mill goals, budget and SHEQ system.
- Monitors daily operations of the plant and product and plans the operations of the plant to ensure maximum utilization of all resources (ie shift rosters, leave, production program, shut plan & maintenance)
- Ensure continuous improvement in the performance of the section and plant in conjunction with the Production Manager and initiate and support developments of existing and new products when required.
- Assess staff against Position Profile & coaches/mentors team members.
- Ensures on-the-job and off-the-job training activities.
- Monitors and adjusts employee role and responsibility.
- Evaluates and directs performance of team and team members against goals and standards of conduct to ensure maximum performance.
- Communicates with the internal and external suppliers / customers.
- Responds to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required.
- Understand the SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times and plans and runs programs to improve plant safety.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Production Performance Tracking System
- Plant unit operations
- Mentorship and coaching
- Performance management
Required Minimum Qualification / Experience
- BSc Degree (Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical) and/or BTech Pulp & Paper
- 3 Years’ experience in a paper manufacturing process.
- 3 Years’ experience in a supervisory position.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.