Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Sales Manager, Packaging Applications
Work Site: To Be Determined
The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing new contacts and building new business in the US paperboard market in designated regions, focusing on Sappi’s recently announced project to rebuild the Somerset Mill’s PM1.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in experience is required.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years professional experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in Paperboard and Packaging sales.
- Paperboard and packaging sales professional with strong background in the industry.
- Ability to develop and maintain customer connections in the packaging and converting industries.
- Ability to evaluate customer needs, including board specifications specific to converting application requirements.
- Proven experience in identifying new markets and customers, and converting prospects into long term customers.
- Action-oriented, self-driven with the ability to work remotely from a sales office.
- Team player, sharing commercial responsibilities with small, independent sales group.
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the North American market, as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; one-on-one as well as group presentations.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.