Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Fitter ( P11 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ suitably qualified and experienced candidates to overhaul and maintain all mechanical equipment for all sections in Saiccor mill.
REPORTING TO the Superintendent: Mechanical
- Perform complete scheduled/planned overhaul of rotating equipment
- Perform breakdown overhauls on unplanned equipment failures
- Perform overhauls on mechanical equipment for example: pumps, gearboxes, rolls, fans, mixers, blowers, feeders, screw compressors, grabs to the required standard
- Rig up to 2.5 T during standard maintenance activities
- Identify update and review critical spares requirements and report to Section Forman.
- Complete predictive maintenance activities
- Perform standby duties and work overtime when required
- Uphold aspects of and perform required activities relating to the OHS Act as delegated by the Workshop Manager, Assistant Divisional Engineer and Foreman
- Overhaul equipment by stripping, examining, replacing and repairing faulty components, then reassemble as per QCP
- Fitting and removal of mechanical seals is essential
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to within the functional area of operation.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- General knowledge in overhauling of pump, fans, gearboxes, feeders, sprockets, bearing units, blowers, mixers, valves, screw conveyors, rolls, hydraulic grabs and hydraulic systems.
- Read mechanical drawings
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of condition monitoring
- Attention to detail
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 4 with Maths & Science /N3 Mechanical Engineering
- Must have completed an apprenticeship and passed a recognized trade test - Fitter
- 5 years general experience in a mechanical engineering workshop environment.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.