Sappi Southern Africa
Production Manager- Newsprint (HRL19)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Production Manager to manage and ensure the effective performance of all aspects of the Newsprint plant in terms of both current performance and longer-term business planning, thereby contributing to the profitability and growth of Ngodwana Mill.
This role reports into the : Paper Mill Manager
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Accountable for the efficiency of the process within newsprint section
- Continually seek opportunities for the enhancement of the production and quality by applying lean manufacturing principles.
- Plan the plant operations to ensure the optimum utilisation of all resources.
- Plan and manage shut and maintenance plans within the section.
- Initiate and implement engineering and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Compile and ensure business goals are aligned with that of the rest of the Mill
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers within areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with business processes within area of responsibility
- Perform effective career development, performance management, training, mentoring, goal alignment, industrial relations, HR administration ,compliance to legislation directives, distribution of all resources, productivity, diversity
- Set goals and appraises immediate subordinates on bi-annual basis giving more frequent coaching and feedback
- Prepare and control Forecasts, annual capital expenditure, fixed and variable cost budgets.
- Ensure that the department complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Environmental Regulations) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances
The ideal candidate should have:
- BTech Pulp and Paper or BSc Chemical Engineering or BEng Chemical Engineering
- Relevant management programme
- 5 Years relevant production experience
- 2 Years supervisory experience.
Closing date for applications: 28 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.