Sappi Southern Africa
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Grade 11)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Laboratory Technician to analyse critical water streams and raw materials that impacts directly on the mills legal compliance to environmental laws and to the quality of raw materials used and generated.
This role reports into the: Chemist
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Analyze various water streams and raw materials throughout the mill as well as microbiological analysis for environmental purposes.
- Report results to internal customers as well as external environmental bodies.
- Participates in SABS and Sappi Tech Centre interlab quality verification scheme and other related research projects.
- Collect and analyse gas samples from the gas plant.
- Check functionality of relevant instruments and do calibrations as required.
- Prepare and issue reagents and consumables to all laboratories in the mill.
- Evaluate and maintain stock levels by ordering chemicals and consumables.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric with Maths & Psychical Science or N3 Pulp and Paper
- 2 years’ experience in an industrial laboratory
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.