Located on 2,500 acres of land in central Maine, our Somerset Mill is an integrated pulping and papermaking operation where we manufacture coated freesheet papers, grease-proof packaging papers and bleached chemical pulp. The three paper machines use Sappi North America’s in-house developed online finishing technology, which set a quality bar for publication grades and reaps productivity benefits from fully integrating paper forming, coating and finishing.
Position (job title): Pipefitter-Plumber Journeyman
Work Site: Mill Somerset
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Have completed a 4 year apprenticeship program or 5 years in the trade.
- Ability to successfully complete the “Qualified Welder” testing according to Sappi weld procedures or as AWS standards.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand blueprints and working drawings. Ability to plan and layout work, and take accurate measurements using tools common to the craft.
- Possess general knowledge and ability to repair piping systems with materials such as mild steel, stainless steel, cast iron, fiberglass, lined pipe, aluminium, and titanium as well as selected exotic steels.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, plan, troubleshoot and lead repairs to complex mill piping systems.
- Must have an excellent safety record and knowledge of safe work practices.
- Familiarity with associated pulp and paper industry piping such as air, water, hydraulics, stock and steam systems.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.