Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Business Process Engineer - Finance
Work Site: SSC South Portland
Provide business process analysis, engineering, documentation, and project management services for assigned financial areas. Assignment of financial areas to each Finance Business Process Engineer will be based upon the expected workload and will vary over time. The financial areas include Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Sales Controlling (SCO), and Segregation of Duties (SOD). Lead and facilitate the efforts to identify, design, develop, test, and implement improved processes in assigned finance areas that integrate well with existing financial business processes and with broader business processes. Maintain a standardized project tracking system to ensure the improvement plans are successfully executed.
Ensure that improvements/changes made in non-financial areas such as Plant Maintenance, Materials Management, Sales and Distribution, MICS, APO, etc. are properly integrated and optimized with the business processes in assigned financial areas.
Develop and maintain all process documentation including process diagrams, textual descriptions, process performance measurements, and training materials in assigned finance areas. Deliver business process training to groups and individuals as needed in assigned finance areas.
Act as the point of contact for business users in solving business process / system issues and as the interface with the IT department on behalf of the users in assigned finance areas.
- Finance business rpocess improvement planning and execution
- Act as process expert for issue resolution and interface with IT department
- Integration and support of improvement efforts in non-finance areas
- Development documentation and delivering training
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum of 5-7 years experience demonstrating capabilities to solve problems within a technical work environment (heavily depending on ERP systems). Experience with financial modules of SAP (FI/CO) required. Demonstrated leadership and ability to identify and implement process improvements and to work in a team environment and within all levels of management. Experience in a centralized function is a plus. Experience with financial functions within a manufacturing environment desired.
Special Skills Including License Certification
- Possesses and demonstrates leadership skills
- Possesses knowledge of accounting principles in a computerized environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Goal-oriented, a motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational skills, sound business skills and judgment, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Possesses excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to deal tactfully, confidently, and ethically with both internal and external customers required
- Has strong computer skills including ability to effectively use tools such as Microsoft Office required
- Significant experience using the FI/CO modules of SAP is required
- Experience with other modules of SAP (MM, PM, SD, PP) is desired
- Experience in finance within a manufacturing environment is desired
- Experience in business process improvement/re-engineering and change management
- Ability to operate in a matrix organization without constant direction
- Ability to independently analyze a process, determine changes that should be made (for optimal efficiency, etc.), then to drive forward the needed changes and process improvements to conclusion
- Ability to plan projects, create & maintain project momentum, and execute according to project plans
- Ability to clearly articulate process issues, requirements, and improvement recommendations
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple levels of management
- Ability to identify, design and implement necessary financial controls in financial business areas and in other areas which affect financial reporting and financial controls
- Travel: Semi-frequent travel to the SNA corporate office in Boston as well as other NA locations required. Infrequent international travel to Europe, South Africa, or other locations required.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Sandra Penna
Contact Information: Sandy Penna , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.