Sappi Southern Africa
Process Relief Operator x 2 ( P17 )
Sappi Southern Africa/Sappi Stanger Mill requires 2 x Process Relief Operators to provide shift and/or leave relief with production and process operation activities in order to ensure that Production targets are met.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Take over and hand over shift.
- Operate process/equipment according to best operating practices.
- Complete section specific interventions/initiatives as planned and agreed for all identified positions for the specific section.
- Relieve operators for purposes of training, shadowing and leave and carries out all tasks prescribed for these positions.
- Assist Foreman/Operating Staff at breakdowns and with the supervision of staff when necessary.
- Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift log book.
- Report all breakdowns, faulty equipment to Foreman.
- Attend progress meetings with the section training representative, line supervisor and/or mentor, coach and act on any remedial action and/or additional requirements.
- Participate in shift activities (5 why problem-solving etc).
- Understand and comply with the SHEQ requirements of the job.
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping at all times.
- Conduct regular BBS Observations.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Grade 12 (Matric) with Maths and Science
- N1/NCV 2 Pulp & Paper (preferred)
- At least 3 months experience as Process Trainees or Production Interns
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.