Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Bale Role Line Attendant ( P16 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Bale Role Line Attendant to monitor movement of bales and rolls on the line in order to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the plant.
This role reports into the : Chargehand Operator
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Monitor movement of bales and rolls on the lines and call operator if problems occur
- Change wire, brown paper, labels and also remove rejects
- Load paper and wire when necessary using the forklift
- Clean the dryer after a sheet break and adjust dampers when required during feeding of the dryer
- Assist the junior operator, operator and chargehand in starting and stopping of the plant
- Assist with changing felts and guiding the sheet through the drier
- Offload raw materials at start of shift using the forklift
- Ensure smooth storage of bales during breakdown on the bale line and recovering of bales from storage line during normal operations
- Monitor the bale count and ensure there are no mixed batch numbers in a unit
- Clear flooding in the cutter or layboy area
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and that all safety policies and procedures are adhered to
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12
- N3 in Pulp & Paper will be advantageous
- At least 6 months related experience within a similar environment.
Closing Date: 23 July 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.