What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
About Sappi Europe SA
Sappi Europe SA is the leading European producer of coated fine paper, specialities and packaging papers. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, Sappi Europe is recognized for innovation and quality.
We are looking for a Head of Mill Procurement based at Kirkniemi Mill.
You are functionally responsible and accountable for the cost effective supply of goods and services to the Kirkniemi mill. You also ensure that Kirkniemi procurement and mill is aligned with the Sappi Europe (SEU) central category management strategy, and with the other Sappi mills, to harvest synergies wherever possible.
You will be based at Kirkniemi and operate in a matrix organisation reporting to the Director Indirect Procurement in Brussels and be required to work very closely with Kirkniemi Mill Management, Procurement category leads and the other Heads of Mill Procurement in Europe.
- A technical or commercial university degree or diploma, ideally with experience in engineering and sound technical knowledge.
- Several years of practical experience in mill procurement or category management, ideally with change management experience.
- Experienced in negotiations, contract management and managing supplier relationships.
- Proven commercial competence and business acumen, strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills. Commitment to continuous improvement, motivated ‘can-do’ attitude, results-orientation and commercial focus.
- Project management experience demonstrating on-time delivery and achievement of objectives.
- Knowledge of “best- in class” procurement process and systems.
- A highly motivated team player with very good collaboration skills.
- Leadership competency including effective interpersonal, team building and small group skills.
- Working capability in Finnish and English required. Excellent verbal and written communication with skills of persuasion.
- Other languages, particularly German, Dutch or Italian, are a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP.
Key Elements of the Job
- To be a key business partner to the Kirkniemi mill, by understanding and delivering on their service requirements yet also being prepared to challenge the “ Status Quo “ and suggest where “fit for purpose” alternatives and continuous improvement can be achieved.
- Personally engage in key negotiations and achieve Total Cost of Ownership improvements for Kirkniemi mill.
- Coach and manage the Kirkniemi procurement team so that they drive commercial excellence and are made fully aware of, and implement the Sappi Europe Procurement Strategy road map at Kirkniemi mill.
- Constantly monitor Kirkniemi Procurement’s performance and KPI’s, coach and direct the performance of the organisation, with focus on added value and elimination of unnecessary administration in mill procurement.
- Interact closely with the relevant mill stakeholders and ensure procurement strategies are communicated with the necessary opportunity for engagement and thereafter implemented at Kirkniemi mill.
- Ensure effective communication of category strategies to local buyers and of local issues to the category leads and regional management. Ensure implementation and execution of contracts are in full compliance with category strategies.
- Actively measure and monitor both central and local supplier performance.
- Collaborate and benchmark, price contracts and strategies with the other Head of Mill Procurement in Sappi Europe to generate synergies and savings. Actively engage in regional projects that support the Sappi Europe Procurement Strategy.
- Safeguard that the Kirkniemi Procurement is compliant with the Mill Health & Safety procedures, internal controls , procurement processes and procedures including ISO and take prompt corrective action when needed.
For Information regarding the job content, you can contact:
Jan Sander van Tuijl
Director Indirect Procurement
Sappi Europe SA
Tel. +32 (0)2 6769 70
Mobile +32 (0) 497 051 092
Successful candidates are invited to apply by sending their motivation letter including updated curriculum vitae latest by 23rd of August 2019 via Sappi´s Career Portal.
Telephone: +358 400 741 053
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions. If you encounter any issue while applying, please contact your HR contact.