Sappi Southern Africa
OUTSIDE OPERATOR - GROUNDWOOD (Grade 11 )
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires an Outside Operator Groundwood to safely and efficiently operate the equipment and to ensure optimum production thereby reducing downtime
This role reports to the: Shift Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Conducts plant inspections of all pumps for leaks and proper functioning, check conveyors, chest and grinders for spills and report all problems on SAP and to the shift superintendent.
- Inspects and sets-up rejects thickener and screw conveyor.
- Starts up and sets up refiners, and manually adjusting load as and when required.
- Switches manual valves in the plant.
- Manually operates the #4 Sump pump to empty the sump.
- Inspects and sets all conveyors on the kone deck.
- Supervises kone operation to minimize jam-ups when loading grinders.
- After hours, identifies any blockages causing grinder overflow and remove blockage.
- Assists kone operators with clearing of jam-ups and problems solving on the kone and grinders.
- Cleans of hydraulic tank screens.
- Cleans bull screen and maintains constant feed of rejects to the shredders to eliminate damage to the conveyor and shredder.
- Cleans showers and sector bags on the pulp thickeners no.1 to no.3
- Assist with isolations and issuing of clearances during normal operations and during shut-down.
- Records SAP notification history in the notification log book.
- Liaises with maintenance team, when a breakdown occurs or when engineering work is required
- Issues clearances and work permits for isolations and work to be carried out in the plant
- Reports all environmental problems on SAP and to the shift superintendent and follows up to ensure problems were actioned
- Ensures all check lists are completed on vehicles and reports faults
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric with Maths and Science or N3 Pulp and Paper
- 2 years’ experience in Pulp and Paper industry
Closing date for applications: 21 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.