Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Project Cost Engineer ( HRL 16 )
Sappi Southern Africa requires a Project Cost Engineer to participate in daily activities relating to cost and accounting functions that are necessary for a positive financial outcome. Mostly responsible for project cost control services on medium to large capital projects, including but not limited to project cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting, cost reporting and cost risk analysis.
This role reports into the Project Manager.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Maintain a healthy project within the project budget and ensure compliance to project governance
- Maintain financial control for a project and develop and execute the cost management plan to provide the Project Manager with accurate, up to date cost information to facilitate sound project decision making.
Bill of material costing
- Generate detailed costing for bill of materials utilising sourced market related pricing.
- Finalise coding of all detailed estimate line items using baselined project control budget in order to establish package/control budgets.
- Monitors planning and progress of project achievements by using the project schedule to generate data and curves for each cost profile. Highlight any areas of concern with the cost owner for correction or comments thereof
- Participates in the financial aspects within the tender process.
- Assign budget for procurement packages, perform budget reconciliation as per the scope and pricing and produce reconciliation statement to support recommendations for award.
- Reviews payment applications in compliance with contract agreements and approves payment certificates. Highlight and resolve any payment applications not in line with contract agreements
- Record and maintain commitments based on procurement contracts, contract amendments, contract change notices, purchase order (PO) revisions
- Forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, forex, currencies etc.
- Import detailed actual cost and commitment data into the cost system and run complete detailed baseline cost report by package
- Participate in the trending and change management process and incorporate approved trends into the project estimate at completion.
- Update and maintain budget with approved project change notices (PCN)
- Generate cost reports and report on variances.
- Generate data and curves for each cost profile (baselines and periodic updates
- Update budget, commitment, forecast, payment and cost statement for monthly report.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant 3 year degree (Engineering or BCom) appropriate experience (NQF 7 qualification)
- Site construction experience would be advantageous
- A proven track record in FEED (Front end engineering design) EPC phases of pulp & paper, refinery, oil & gas, petrochemical or similar facilities including revamp projects
- Be fully versed with cost control principles, policies, procedures and financial systems
- PM2 is advantageous
Closing date: 19 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.