Sappi Southern Africa
TECHNICAL BUYER (Grade 9/HRL15)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to employ a suitably qualified Technical Buyer to provide a supporting role to the Sourcing Managers and Shared Service Manager with regards to procurement process and sourcing expertise essential to the Engineering Department
This role reports in to the Commodity Specialist.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Engage stakeholders to define engineering requirements
- Issue tenders and RFQ's, cognisant of engineering deadlines
- Evaluate tenders and RFQ's. Arrange bid clarification and adjudicate
- Ensure that all goods and services are sourced and procured according to specification, in accordance with the procurement policy and/or as detailed in the sourcing strategy
- Formalised agreements if required
- Ensure that quality control procedures are implemented and adhered to by the suppliers. Certificates of conformance to be supplied where required
- Raise deviations / claims against vendors for poor performance and drive non-conformance to acceptable conclusion
- Negotiate preferential payment terms and Inco terms
- Assist with achieving functional PIP objectives
- Identify potential opportunities for items to be placed on contracts
- Implement and/or follow effective expediting procedure and monitor vendor performance
- Maintenance of the vendor master data
- Monitor deliveries against order/plan
- Switch between transport modes and cost options relative to risk and urgency in line with sourcing strategy is one exists
The ideal candidate should have:
- N Dip in Supply Chain Management
- 3 - 5 years procurement experience in a manufacturing plant
- SAP MM experience
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Artisan
Closing Date: 17 June 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.